How to Apply
*Doctoral students are eligible to participate only if they have submitted their final project at least 30 days prior to the last day of the winter semester.
There is only one commencement in May each year. Students who expect to graduate at the end of the spring/summer semester in July may choose to participate in commencement exercises in the May before or after their courses are completed. December graduates participate in the commencement following completion.
Graduate School: Application for Graduation Form
- Fill out the Application Form.
- Pay the Graduation Fee online or at Student Accounts (Room 2005).
- $75.00 if submitted before the deadline
- $85.00 if submitted after the deadline
- $100.00 for doctoral students
- Note: The Graduation Fee does not cover cap and gown, or other commencement participation costs.
- Graduation Audit:
- Undergraduate students need to schedule an appointment with their academic advisor to discuss concerns and sign the application.
- Graduate students need to submit the application to the Graduate School (Room 2107). You will receive a letter informing you of the outcome.
- Undergraduate students - Submit the Application Form to the Registrar’s Office by the appropriate deadline.
If you paid online, please include a copy of your receipt. Attach a copy of your plan of study from your undergraduate academic advisor.
The graduation application and fee are active for one year from the intended graduation semester. Applications one year or more beyond the originally intended semester of graduation are expired. Expired applications require a new application and fee.
Degrees with Distinction - Academic Honors at Commencement
Academic honors are available to students receiving a bachelor degree, and are based on the students’ cumulative GPA at Madonna University. Degrees with distinction are based on the following grade point averages:
Your transcript shows your graduation date as soon as your degree has been certified. If you need earlier proof of degree, you should contact the Registrar. Diplomas will be mailed to graduates approximately 4-6 weeks after their graduation date. If you will be changing your address, please notify the Registrar's Office in writing and provide them with your new address.
Please note: The University cannot release your diploma or official copies of your transcript if you have any outstanding financial debts. It is important, and it is your responsibility, to settle financial matters before graduation. If you have any questions about your financial record, you will need to contact the Office of Student Accounts (734-432-5600).