Mosaic Leadership Academy Scholarship
Developing Leaders for an Inclusive World
The Mosaic Leadership Academy affords educational and experiential opportunities for outstanding students from groups who are traditionally underrepresented. Grounded in Madonna University’s Franciscan values, the Mosaic Leadership Academy promotes an appreciation of diversity, inclusion and respect for persons of all cultures, races, backgrounds, beliefs and experiences.
Through the Madonna University Mosaic Leadership Academy, we empower students to excel academically and flourish as members of a social and inclusive workforce. As a result of this program, employers can expect access to well-prepared, diverse and culturally sensitive prospective employees who are ready to serve. We groom our graduates to be sources of enrichment and strength for our workforce.
Giving toward student scholarship
Individuals and/or corporations can participate in donating toward student scholarships for the Academy, or develop business partnerships for support, as listed below.
As members of the Leadership Academy, undergraduate students enrolled full-time on the Livonia campus receive $4,000 per academic year for up to four consecutive years. This award has a total approximate value of up to $16,000 over the course of a student’s time at Madonna. Scholarships are awarded to up to 25 select undergraduate students per year for their academic excellence and dedication to the advancement of underrepresented groups in society.
How corporate partners can support
- Career Fairs
- Undergraduate Research
Qualified students partake in a yearlong experience that includes:
- Development of their professional readiness
- Participation in community service and internships
- Expansion of their cultural responsiveness
- Growth in their leadership skills
- Opportunities to study abroad
- Recognition that their differences and uniqueness benefit the success of a workplace
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Students must be academically well-prepared and will be evaluated based on GPA, ACT or SAT score and extracurricular involvement
- Students can be of any race, culture, gender or economic background
- They will exhibit exemplary leadership qualities and potential
- Students have a commitment to actively contribute to the diversity and inclusion of all races, cultures and backgrounds in the workplace
- Students are distinguishable in the advancement of underrepresented groups in American society
For more information, to contribute to this fund or to participate as a corporate partner, call 734-432-5832.