- You may apply online, or contact the Graduate School to request forms: 734-432-5667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit completed forms to the Graduate School as follows:
If starting Fall Semester: before Aug. 15
If starting Winter Semester: before Dec. 15
If starting Spring / Summer Semester: before April 15
Note: For applications to the Master of Science in Clinical Psychology, the application deadline is February 1, and for the Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Practitioner Program, the application deadline is January 2 with admission interviews in January, February and March. Applications will be accepted after the January deadline at the discretion of the Program Directors if spaces remain in the program. Review the Nurse Practitioner Admission Policy for further details. Early admission deadline is October 31.
- Applicants should request official transcripts from each institution of higher learning they attended as an undergraduate or graduate student. Only official transcripts sent to the Graduate School will be accepted for admission credentials. The Graduate School will request transcripts from the registrar for Madonna University graduates. In some cases, transcripts from other colleges may not be available in the graduate's file. Have transcripts sent to:
The Graduate School
36600 Schoolcraft Road
Livonia, Michigan 48150-1176
- Applicants should arrange to have their GRE (Graduate Records Examination) results for nursing and hospice applications sent to the Graduate School. The Madonna University score reporting code is 1437-3 (GRE).
- Applicants should also request two professional associates or college instructors to complete the Recommendation Form. These should be returned directly by your associate.
- Once the application file is complete, applicants are scheduled for an admission interview.
- After the department has reviewed the admission file, applicants are assigned an admission status. The Dean of the Graduate School informs the applicant of acceptance by letter. Applicants are assigned an admission status from the following:
Regular Admission: Applicants who meet all the admission criteria.
Conditional Admission: Applicants who do not meet the criteria for regular admission, yet appear to possess potential for success in graduate studies, may be granted conditional admission to the program. This includes applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 3.0, a low score on the graduate admission test required by the department, insufficient work experience, or an unsatisfactory writing assessment. Applicants are admitted under the condition that they must achieve a 3.0 GPA in the first 9 s.h. of coursework approved by the department, or under the conditions set by the admission committee in the department. Students must qualify for regular admission within one calendar year.
Special Status: Students in the process of being admitted to a graduate program (with the exception of Psychology) may register on a pre-admission status with the permission of the Dean of the Graduate School. While on Special Status, Business Administration programs accept a maximum of 4 s.h. of coursework toward a degree; all other departments accept a maximum of 6 s.h. of coursework. Permission to take graduate courses as a Special Status student does not guarantee admission to the graduate program.
Nondegree Students: Permission to enroll in classes on a nondegree status may be granted by the Dean of the Graduate School. This category is for students who do not seek admission to a graduate program.