Why Study Pastoral Ministry MAPM at Madonna University?
- Prepare to serve in a variety of Christian ministries: parishes, hospitals, hospice centers, prisons, college or high school campuses
- Explore areas of theology providing a solid foundation for Christian ministry
- Specialize in chaplaincy preparation, pastoral/parish ministry, or hospice, bereavement, or criminal justice ministry
- Network with professionals and resources through the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), and Madonna University’s Department of Hospice and Palliative Studies and Department of Criminal Justice
- Excellent faculty, well-versed in their fields and dedicated to student success
- Courses can be taken on campus, online, or in a combination of both
The Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry prepares you for professional roles of Christian service within a faith community or in other settings where people are in need. Pastoral ministers are privileged to walk with people at significant moments of their lives – sacramental preparation, the passages of youth and young adulthood, illness, bereavement, trauma, loss, birth, and death. They serve in parishes, hospitals, hospice centers, nursing facilities, prisons, and on campuses. A great need going forward, especially as our society ages, is for certified lay chaplains to bring the presence of Christ to the aged, the imprisoned, the dying – all those facing the great mysteries of life’s journey. If you feel the call to offer your gifts and talents in order to make a difference where there is great need, consider Pastoral Ministry at Madonna.
|Careers||Employers of Alumni|
|Chaplaincy||Good Mourning, Inc.|
Church-related ministry (parish ministry, youth
|Henry Ford Hospital|
|Hospital ministry||Oakwood Hospital|
|Nursing homes/care centers|
|Protestant Social Services|