Why Study Psychology - Mental Health Concentration at Madonna University?
- Full-time faculty with career experience practicing in the areas of clinical and research psychology.
- Adjunct faculty who bring a wealth of experience from an array of sub-disciplines within the field, including forensic, industrial/organizational, and child psychology.
- A choice of three different concentrations within the major (I.e., general psychology, mental health, and business) that allows students the chance to specialize in a content area that will best prepare them within their career goals.
- Individualized, student-led research opportunities.
- Active chapter of PSI CHI, the national psychology honor society.
- Bachelor’s Degree opens the door to dozens of different careers.
The Psychology Major—Mental Health (MH) Concentration prepares students for immediate employment in social service and mental health agencies. It is also a gateway to graduate study in the mental health field. The concentration provides coursework in psychological disorders, psychological testing and assessment, theories of personality, and the psychological treatments that are derived from those theories. Students also study the relationship between the central nervous system and various mental problems, and are exposed to the ethical and legal issues arising in mental health practice. Students in the concentration gain professional experience through a two-semester field placement at a community agency.
|Group Home Coordinator||Convention/Trade Show Planning|
|Mental Health Technician||Rehabilitation Advisor|
|Career Planning||Residential Counselor|
|Child Protection Worker||Parole Officer|
|Director of Volunteer Services||Life Skill Counselor|