Why Study Integrated Science - Physics at Madonna University?
- A minor in physics provides a strong foundation for careers in Journalism, Law, Finance, Medicine, Engineering, Computer Science, Astronomy, and Biology
- Strong program in physics minor concentrating on core physics classes along with fundamentals of electronics and atomic and nuclear physics
- Supported by state-of-the-art instruments
- Well-qualified faculty who are dedicated to teaching
- Students are prepared with strong analytical skills for solving problems that are not bound by context
Physics is the most basic and fundamental science as it encompasses the study of the universe from the largest galaxies to the smallest subatomic particles. Physics is the basis of many other sciences, including chemistry, oceanography, seismology, and astronomy (and can be applied to biology or medical science). Physics challenges our imaginations with concepts like Einstein’s relativity and quantum gravity, and it leads to great discoveries, like computers and lasers, that lead to technologies which change our lives—from healing joints, to curing cancer, to developing sustainable energy solutions.
Physicists are problem solvers. Their ability to think analytically is considered as a great asset to many places like industrial and government labs, college campuses, the astronaut corps, TV Channels, newspapers and magazines and even in Wall Street. Therefore, even a minor in physics can offer a glimpse at our amazing universe and prepare students for limitless intellectual as well as social opportunities for serving mankind.