Why Study Environmental Science at Madonna University?
- The program features a concentrated course of study in water sciences.
- The broad scientific coursework will give you a versatile background for a variety of job opportunities.
- Internships are readily available and can give you a competitive edge in the job market
- Courses provide detailed study of all water quality chemicals, measurements and testing techniques.
The Environmental Science program at Madonna is focused on water quality. In addition to gaining a broad scientific background in biology, chemistry, and physics, you will benefit from the program’s detailed study of how to measure water quality, safety and more.
Courses cover the nine standard chemicals that are tested as part of scientific water services, along with testing for mercury and E. coli, two of the most common water quality challenges present in bodies of water in the Midwest and throughout the U.S.
Take advantage of internships that can help you determine your long-term career plans, while you earn valuable experience in the field. Several students have had internships in which they served as instructors and mentors for high school students, while pursuing their Madonna environmental science degree.
A wide variety of careers are available in environmental science, water science and environmental engineering, research science, laboratory supervision, as well as science teaching. Possible employers looking for the skills that come with an environmental science degree include:
- Governmental agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency, State Departments of Environmental Quality and Natural Resources, National and State Park Departments and more;
- Private companies that offer water testing or environmental consulting services;
- Companies that hire water engineers;
- Educational institutions