Why Study Post-Master's Cert APRN Gerontology at Madonna University?
- Madonna University is among few programs in the nation to prepare practicing APRNs with in-depth gerontology specialty content
- You will learn an interdisciplinary approach to complex care management of older adults and their families
- Certificate provides optional clinical practicum for those APRNs seeking to sit for either the adult-gerontology primary care or acute care national NP board certification exams
- Program is offered completely on-line
- Learn from anywhere you have an internet connection – you can complete this degree in the classroom or 100% online
This certificate program provides practicing APRNs (NPs & CNSs) with advanced knowledge in APRN care of older adults and their families. Experience an interdisciplinary approach to managing the complex health care needs of older adults and their families with special focus on culturally sensitive, evidence-based pharmacologic, physiologic, and assessment considerations.
If you are not seeking preparation for board certification you will complete 9 semester hours including 60 clock hours of interdisciplinary field experience. If you are also seeking board certification eligibility you will take an additional 4 semester hour clinical practicum course with a local preceptor in SARA-participating states.
APRN role in acute care, primary care, or long-term care settings specializing in care of older adults and their families
Combine certificate courses with Madonna’s post master’s DNP degree to prepare to practice at the highest level of nursing practice or to teach in schools of nursing.