Why Study Hospitality and Tourism Management at Madonna University?
- Madonna University’s Hospitality and Tourism Management program is highly recognized as one of the outstanding university programs in southeast Michigan. Our graduates are employed in all areas of the industry.
- Professors in the program are made up of specialists and professionals in all areas of the industry.
- Students gain hands-on experience through internships and industry events in Michigan and around the country.
- You will build a valuable portfolio of professional experience and an extensive network within the industry — before you graduate and ahead of your peers.
- This program is part of the well-recognized School of Business – students study business courses and graduate with a minor in Business Administration.
- Learn from anywhere you have internet connection – you can complete this degree in the classroom or 100% online
As a student and graduate in the Madonna University Hospitality and Management program you will have the opportunity to explore the many opportunities in the industry.
- Hotel and lodging industry and operations
- Restaurant operations industry
- Institutions that offer both shelter and/food to people away from home such as dormitories, retirement/assisted -living facilities
- Tourism including: travel, theme parks, cruise lines, airlines, business and social travel
- Events, Convention, Conference planning
- Chambers of Commerce and Convention Bureaus
The Madonna University Hospitality and Tourism Management program is offered at two centers: the main campus in Livonia and the Macomb University Center. Graduates of two-year community college programs in culinary or hospitality are encouraged to increase their career opportunities by earning a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism through accepted Transfer Agreements. Students graduate with both a B.S. in Hospitality and Tourism and a minor in Business Administration. This combination provides our graduates with a competitive edge in the career and job search arena.
The Madonna University program’s mission is to empower a global and diverse population of students for leadership and professional roles within the hospitality and tourism industry, through academic excellence, community service, and industry work experience.
|Careers||Grad School||Employers of Alumni|
|Hotel General Manager||Michigan State University||Detroit Athletic Club|
|Restaurant Chain Manager||University of Michigan||Disney World/Disney Land|
|Event/Conference Planner||Wayne State University||Grosse Pointe Country Club/Detroit Country Club|
|Cruise Line Event and Tourism Planner||Eastern Michigan University||Detroit Convention Bureau|
|Resort Manager||Central Michigan University||Suburban Show Place Convention Center|
|Country and Private Club Management||Purdue University||Ritz Carleton Hotel|
|Trade Associations||Madonna University||Marriott Hotel Chain|
|Theme Parks and Attractions||Hilton Hotel Chain|
|Meetings, Conventions and Exposition Planning||MGM Grand|
|Darden Restaurant Chain (Owners of Olive Garden, Capital Grill, Bahama Breeze, Longhorn Steak House, etc.)|
|Bloomin Brands (owners of Flemings Steak House)|
|Andiamo Restaurant Chain|