?Why Study History MA at Madonna University?
- Caring professors with experience in historical and political science research and history pedagogy
- Personalized instruction and small classes
- Courses delivered in a hybrid format, alternating online and on-campus
- Capstone portfolio project integrates your academic and professional growth
- 30 credits—10 classes, 2 years, half-time
This unique graduate program provides students the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of American history as it relates to the histories of Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East. Through carefully crafted research, lectures, and group discussions, students study the most important political, economic, military and social themes related to American history. This graduate degree is designed for teachers who wish to increase their qualifications, students who wish to pursue doctoral degrees and all those who wish to expand their knowledge of history, the social sciences and human affairs.
Many of our masters’ graduates work as K-12 teachers*, while others teach part-time at the university-level. Some have gone on to study history at the doctoral level, or work at museums. Among those taking the degree for personal enrichment, many remain active in history, including volunteering at local historical associations.
*K-12 teaching certification must be obtained separately.