Why Study Educational Specialist Degree at Madonna University?
- You will enhance your employment opportunities by distinguishing your credentials
- You can apply these foundational credits toward a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree
- You will experience low student-to-teacher ratio courses for personal instruction
- You will develop professional alliances with fellow students and instructors
- You will participate in a rigorous program with an excellent reputation
- The coursework will help you to meet the state standards for central office administrators
The Education Specialist Degree (Ed.S.) will prepare you for leadership positions within the central office, i.e. curriculum and instructional directors, department chairs, and aspiring school superintendents who want to build visioning and leadership skills. The program aims to provide you the knowledge, skills, and insights to lead other leaders. It combines face-to-face and online classes. Courses include: Strategic Planning and Program Assessment; Leading, Teaching and Learning; and Legal and Ethical Issues in Educational Policy. The program also includes a focus on strategies and outcomes for disadvantaged students, i.e. the impoverished, those with special needs, or those whose first language is not English.
|Career Opportunities||Employers of Alumni|
|District Coordinator||Public, private and parochial schools in the Tri-county area, greater Michigan, out-of-state, and overseas.|
|District Consultant||Public and private Allied Service Agencies.|