Madonna University receives its institutional accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region of the United States and thereby grants membership in the Commission.
Strategic Plan - Madonna University’s plans for the next 20 years of higher education.
The University has designed a comprehensive assessment plan that measures and reports on student achievement as part of this process. Approval by accrediting agencies and professional organizations exist at international, national, regional, and state levels. These organizations have varying cycles of review that can be anywhere from one to 10 years. The following is a list of approvals and accreditation
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Accreditation for the University as a whole:
1959, 1968, 1978, 1982 (Graduate Education) 1988, 1998, 2004 (merger with St. Mary's College), 2008
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP)
Accreditation granted 2017 by the ACBSP Baccalaureate/Graduate Degree Board of Commissioners
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
Accreditation: 2000, 2010
- American Bar Association (ABA):
1984, 1990, 1994, 2000, 2007, 2013
- American Dietetic Association (ADA)
Approvals: Plan IV, 1977, 1982; Plan V, 1990, 1995
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Accreditation: 2006 (graduate and undergraduate), 2010 (graduate, undergraduate, and DNP)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
formerly National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE):
1972, 1981, 1992, 1996,2002, 2009, 2016
- Council on Social Work Education:
1982, 1988, 1995, 2003, 2011
- Forensic Sciences Education Programs Accreditation Commission (FEPAC):
- Michigan Board of Education
Approval of four-year degrees: 1947
- Michigan Board of Nursing:
- Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education:
1972, 1981, 1992, 1996, 2002, 2009
Note: Accreditation materials are available for review in the Madonna University Library.
Students, faculty, staff, and members of the public wishing to submit a complaint about Madonna University to the HLC can do so by the formal process highlighted on the HLC website.
For submitting a complaint to the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Department about Madonna University, please click here.