Students who complete Master of Science in Educational Leadership program will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Facilitating the development, articulation, implementation and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive and open learning environment that utilizes staff, student and community efforts to attain program and school goals.
- Advocating, nurturing and sustaining an appropriate curriculum sensitive to cultural and environmental differences, leading to mastery of basic as well as complex skills.
- Collaborating with families and community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
- Developing and implementing effective instructional delivery systems that make effective use of time, staff, technologies, community resources and budgets.
- Creating staff development programs and evaluation systems to enhance the effectiveness of school personnel.
- Managing school system operations and facilities to maximize student learning.
- Acting with integrity, fairness and in an ethical manner.
- Understanding, responding to, and influencing the larger political, social, economic, legal and cultural context.
- Utilizing significant research in problem solving and planning.
- Identifying, using, evaluating and promoting appropriate technologies to enhance and support learning and productivity.