The content of the program is designed to provide students with the following competencies:
- Describe the constructs that support quality management in both manufacturing and non-manufacturing settings – whether in the U.S. or globally.
- Synthesize the dimensions of quality into an integrated plan for introducing, monitoring, evaluating and improving quality in organizations through project management.
- Utilize quantitative and computerized methods in the quality management processes.
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills.
- Analyze, apply and evaluate quality management methods in manufacturing, government, education and other nonmanufacturing sections.